1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount lights wont change over

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by littleman, Dec 13, 2013.

1. littleman

littleman Junior Member

04 f350 v10 with a western unimount plow. i can not get the lights to switch from the truck to the plow. the truck lights stay on but the plow lights will not go on high or low or running lights. plow turn signals do work however. i have re placed the 2 relays with brand new ones. i have checked all the ground wires too. but on the relays if you run a wire from 30 to 87 the lights will come on. just depends what lights come on depending witch relay you are jumping(high or low beam relay). at this pont i am completly stumped and dont know what to do. the plow its self works fine too. up down left right. it all worked when i put it in the back of the shop this past season. any help is apprciated. thank you.

2. littleman

littleman Junior Member

*ultra mount sorry

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

2 relay ultramount?

4. littleman

littleman Junior Member

Yes 2 relays and they are brand new

5. dieselss

Ok, ck for gnd, blk/og with the plow hooked up

6. littleman

littleman Junior Member

All grounds are good I have found

7. dieselss

At the relay. When you plug the 2 grill connectors it sends a gnd signal to the relays. Energizing them and turning on the plow lights