1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount Lighting Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 24v6spd, Feb 3, 2009.

1. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I have a western unimount, low beam plow lights work fine but when I switch to high beams only parking lights. When I unplug 9-pin harness vehicle high beams work fine. Any suggestions on what could be wrong? Relays?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

relay probably. see if you have power(brown) and ground(black orange). if yes change relay.

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I have a 4 relay system with a plug in harness for non-DRL. Which relay should I be checking, vehicle or plow light high beams?

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Plow side high beam relay

5. no lead

i see a typo from yesterday. do you have power on the brown and neg on the black orange? on all relays? check plow high beam relay. i dont have the electrical book with me. check the tech guide online.

6. no lead

beat me by 30 seconds crash.

7. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Thanks for the responses. I will be checking it out in the morning. Are the relays all the same and interchangable?

8. Crash935

Slacker,

The relays are all the same.

9. no lead

yes.all the same.

10. Crash935

still slacking there

11. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I took advantage of the nice weather today to fix my lighting problem. It did end up being the plow high beam relay. Thanks for your help!