1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount light problems HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mowman62531, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

I am in the process of putting a 9 foot Unimount on a 98 3/4 ton Dodge. The problem I am having is that all the lights are coming on.........Truck and plow! The other problem is that when the truck says that the dims are on, the plow lights are on high beam and just the opposite when the truck lights are on high beam. Any help would be much appreciated. All the wiring harnesses are brand new and all the relays are brand new.

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'd take all the relays out and start fresh, go back through and reconnect the wires and relays. Same thing happened to me last winter with my new truck, just had a few wires wrong, worked just fine after that.

3. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Relays

I agree with Blade Master also if you have to get new relays get original Westerns as i have found out that after market don't work as well.

4. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Thanks for the replys! The only problem is that I have another Dodge that I am putting an Ultramount on and it has the same harness kit. Well, I took the relays out of that package and started all over and the same thing happens! I have went over the wiring diagram 5 or 6 times and checked the relays over and over. Man am I stumped!

5. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

Ground Wires

I know you have checked but make sure the ground wires are clean and tight
    and good luck.

6. Mowman62531

Mowman62531 Member

Problem found! I have received the wrong wiring harness. I got to checking through the mounting instructions for the Unimount and it told of a break in the part #'s between the years 98 and 99. So I am missing a component! That ought to make things go a little smoother.
    :drinkup: