1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount light broken

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Freshwater, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

The plastic housing came apart from the metal platform. The platform is round with about 6 rivits that connect up into the plastic housing. That's where it came apart. I'm not sure if I can reconnect it as most of the rivits have fallen off. Do I need a new light? Any ideas? I've got it held on with a big hose clamp right now. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Grind the rivets out, and use s.s. nuts and bolts. You'll have to leave out one or 2 if I'm not mistaken. Or just rerivet them back in. While your at it, replace the mounting stud with a s.s. as well

3. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

OK. Im assuming the plastic housing comes apart to get nuts on the bolt? What does s.s.mean? Thanks again.

4. dieselss

Stainless steel. There's a bottom steel plate and a top plate sandwiching the plastic housing.
    Are you talking about the front light plate that's got the headlight and turn signal in it? If so its 4 screws to remove

5. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

OK so I'd remove the headlamp to access the inside of the plastic housing. Any space issues when I put nuts inside there?

6. dieselss

There might be. I can't remember which ones don't fit. But I was using 1/4 screws. If you use smaller you might be ok

7. Freshwater

Freshwater Senior Member

Thank you very much. Think I can handle it from here.

8. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Aren't the western lights the same as the fisher intensifier lights? The fisher lights I have on my plow just have locking tabs in the front clear lens, three bolts in the back and two adjustable bolts holding it to the headgear.

9. dieselss

Hrs talking about the old rectangular lights