1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount issue turning

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by KCornelius, Dec 22, 2010.

1. KCornelius

KCornelius Junior Member

Hi this is my first post and im super sorry if someone has already had this problem but i have been working on a good friend of my's plow. it a unimount western pump. the problem is that the plow will go up and down but only turn one direction. it turns to the right. i have tested all the valves and solenoids and the all work. i completly rebuilt the wiring harnes from scratch because his original harnes was toast. i converted it to meyers swithchs which im more familiar with. ive taken the pump completely apart and reassembled..... twice. im super frustrated with it and need some help. im really familiar with meyers pumps and didnt know if for some reason the western pumps used some sort of combination of two valves to turn left. i know everything is getting power (the reason for rebuilding the wiring harnes) any help would about awesome.
  2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Your correct.There are two valves that activate when turning left, S2, and s3.

Here is a pic

Did u bench test the valves?

Are they spooling (movement)?

There is a black/orange wire (ground) that also goes to the S valves, is it connected to the solenoid, plow motor bolt, or frame?

Did you do a magnet test on the coils?

Have you tested the controller?

What was wrong with the harness

If your saying everything is getting power, have you check to see if anything was blocking the passage were the S valves screw into the manifold?

I believe that covers all the basics.