1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Malinski Mowing, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Malinski Mowing

Malinski Mowing Junior Member
    from MN

We have a 9' straight blade uni-mount, problem we are expierencing is the plow can be pushed side to side and is slow to raise. It still moves side to side but once pressure is applied it is easily moved. Here is the list of things we have tried new pump, rebuilt motor, new solenoid, changed fluid, removed the three valves in rear (up/down, angle right, angle left) cleaned and verified they were working, removed lower front lower relief valve did find some wear on the tip(smoothed and reinstalled) I am thinking it is this relief valve or the other one I am struggling to break free(flathead one on front of block) Any help is greatly appreciated

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The component in the "lower front" of the valve body isn't a relief, it's the poppet valve. Did it move freely and the spring in there was ok? If so then continue on with remove the flat head plug in the front beside it that you're trying to remove as it's one of the actual angle relief valves. Once you have it out check it for damage and possibly a broken spring and be sure to do the same to the other in the rear of the valve body also.

A slow lift can be caused by anything from a weak battery, poor cable connections, to a lift ram packing nut that's dry or too tight so you'll need to check over those things as well.

3. Watkins

Watkins Member

The large screw, the one to the left of your poppet valve sounds like it's too far out.

Try to screw it in as far as you can, I did the same thing and after 1450 into 2 batteries / alternator / plow motor / plow pump / wires / wires / wires / poppet valve / electric valve on the back of plow I found it was just a few turns of the screw

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

:popcorn:.......

5. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Could it possibly be the "cushion valve" acting up?

Watkins
    what are you talking about, the "quill" adjustment screw?

No lead
    Taste good?