1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount Headlights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mautore, Dec 27, 2008.

1. mautore

mautore Member

I just bought an '02 Chevy 2500HD with a Western Unimount model 60018. When the plow is disconnected the truck headlights work correctly. When the plow is connected and I start the truck, the plow lights come on automatically and the truck headlights do not. Can anyone tell me if this is the way it should work? Should there be a way to control the plow lights from the cab?

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thats the way a western works, no switch.

Sounds like your fairly new to plows, take some time and go to westerns site and download and read the owners manual for your plow, it will explain the basics for you.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2008
  3. mautore

mautore Member

Thanks Crash, I appreciate the help. I'm on my way to the western site now for the manuals.

4. #1 plowtech

#1 plowtech Senior Member

When you plug in your harness plugs at grill, you are completing your circuit. Your truck has daytime running lights so by plugging in your plow your daytime running light module is activated turning on your lights. Like crash said , no switch. Have a nice day.

5. mautore

mautore Member

Thanks plowtech, being new I'll take all the help I can get.