1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount for 95 F150

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by dnefox, Nov 9, 2009.

1. dnefox

dnefox Junior Member

I have a 95 F150 and and a western pro plow (conventional mount). Does anyone know if I can use that type of mount, since I have an airbag and I would have to remove the bumper? If not could I retrofit the frame to make it a unimount and use the plow I have ?
  2. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

i would check with a plow dealer, there are some no no's if you put too big of a plow on a 1/2 ton truck, and the bumper question is a good one, if your truck is an extended cab i don't think you can do it
  3. dnefox

dnefox Junior Member

Converting to Unimount

Thanks for answering. I was beginning to think that since I was a newbie nobody cared.:cry: Just kidding. I think that the plow size/weight should be ok since it was on a full size blazer. I think they are roughly the same size. But it is an extended cab and has the driver's airbag, so I would have to disarm the airbag in order to remove the front bumper.
    I am debating whether I could convert the conventional A-frame to a unimount. It doesn't look too complicated. :laughing:[Famous last words] I think that the only difference is the addition of a brace at the truck end of the A-frame and two vertical wings on that brace that the unimount lift frame bolts to. Then all I would have to do is find a used unimount lift frame and truckside mount, since that is a bit more complicated in design.
    I just hate to not use the plow that I have, since it is in such good shape and finding one that fits the 95 F150 that is in decent shape and cheap is next to impossible.
    Any suggestions would be welcome. :help:
  4. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

converting a conventional mount to a unimount style is a ton of work. not worth the effort in my opinion. I see you are in poughkeepsie - thats less than an hour from me. here's what i have for sale. the 7.5 footer is a perfect size for a 150. all the wiring will work. the only thing you'd need is the F150 mount - or the F250/350 mount i have can be cut and welded to fit the F150 without too much effort.

5. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

the wireing is important, the harness you have proubly wont work, the previous guys post might be something to think about, then you can sell the plow you have, there are always people looking for plows in good shape