1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western unimount controller no left

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by masleys, Dec 24, 2009.

1. masleys

masleys Junior Member

i have put many plows together this is my first unimount set-up put it on a 1988 chevy 1500. got it down to the controller. right, up, and down work... when i hit left i'm not sending any power to the s2 or s3 valve. just to prove my point i jumped the two solenoids and the plow went left. controller is on a 6amp acc fuse just like it's supposed to be. the controller is a sam controller, i borrowed a western controller and pluged it in works fine. is it possible that the sam controller adapter is not correct or i bought a bad controller.

ps. controller was brand new

2. pyro29

pyro29 Member

Bad Controller.

3. masleys

masleys Junior Member

thanx i'll just buy a new one

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

I also could be the adapter .

5. LadyDi

LadyDi Junior Member
    from NEPA

I just bought a NEW Sam controller for my Western Unimount (1995 - 4 trucks later & I still love it) ! and the red light keeps blinking on it. There is NO paperwork with it at all, box only had the parts/adapter, etc. But they advertise it is programmable and I cannot find anything on it. Suggestions?? Thanks in advance...

6. tlee

tlee Junior Member

Have a Western Unimount keeps going left only