1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount Compatible? Aval/Sierra

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jwieps, Jan 2, 2009.

1. jwieps

jwieps Junior Member

I work at a dealership and took an 03' 1500 Avalanche in on trade recently with a 7'6" Western Unimount plow. Does anyone know if this mount would fit on my 2008 GMC Sierra 1500? It is a nice plow and can pick it up for next to nothing. Thanks.

2. jwieps

jwieps Junior Member

ttt. Anyone?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No go. '07-up 1500's are different.

And you can not purchase a Unimount series undercarriage for an '07 or newer GM. You'd have to purchase an Ultramount series mount, add an Ultra to Uni conversion kit and update ALL the wiring to be compatible with your newer truck.

Approximate cost would be over $1000 for these necessary components so the plow better be dirt cheap to make it a good value when it's all said and done.

4. jwieps

jwieps Junior Member

B&B... Thanks for the info... Just as I was about to back out... However it is a Ultra. My bad. Long story short, Ultra from the 03' to my 08' for $400 - I have to switch it out. Will this work? I think the deal is right. Thanks!

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Ok it's a viable retrofit if its an Ultra.

You will however still need to purchase a new mount for the '08, as the '07-up is different than the pre-'07's due to the coil over change in that year. Will need some wiring updates as well...how many wiring changes depends on what wiring/light system the plow currently has but yes it is do-able.

6. jwieps

jwieps Junior Member

thanks for the info. Im gonna dig into this tomorrow.