1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western unimount cherokee to YJ wrangler question

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by gunsworth, Nov 23, 2009.

1. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I just put a deposit on a mint private use unimount plow setup for my 94 YJ. he had it on a 01 cherokee. I am guessing the mount will not bolt right up, how involved do you think it will be? I need to have some welding done to my frame anyways so hopefully it wont take much for them to modify the mount

2. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

I t may take some work to adapt. The cherokee (XJ) is a unibody construction, and the YJ is a full box section, body on frame construction.

3. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

Yeah, I know, I am just hoping that it is similar enough that it can be modified with minimal effort, or at least enough below the cost of a whole new unit

4. brunosplace

brunosplace Senior Member

Sell the XJ mount and buy the YJ mount!! A lot less trouble. I know of someone looking for the XJ mount anyhow, if you are interested. On here his handle is bigjeeping.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  5. Max Wedge

Max Wedge Member

Not a bad idea--I know some one who may be interested in it as well.

6. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

^-------- THIS! :nod:

I modded a TJ mount to fit my XJ Cherokee because there was no Suburbanite mount made for a Cherokee.

7. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

I would if I could find one locally... Im am just going to bring it to my welder, he needs to patch my frame anyways...

8. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

I know big jeepin wanted a xj mount, i'm sure he'd take it from ya. As for a YJ mount, a guy down toward Toledo had some older Jeep mounts. I'll try to dig up his name for you!