1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount Angling Problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 24v6spd, Jan 18, 2009.

1. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Western Unimount on 2001 Dodge 2500. Plow raises and lowers fine. Plow is angled right when you angle control right you can hear motor run, but when you angle left you get nothing. What could the problem be?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

most likely in your grill connector. check for dirt or green. spray with wd-40 and spray out with air on both sides.

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Checked grille connector, looks O.K lots of dielectric grease in it. One battery terminal on relay is cockeyed, looks like it might have melted,could relay cause no angle on left only. Also noticed plow lamps are not working now, keeps blowing fuse (inline0 in vehicle side harness 9 pin.

4. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Yesterday I had the same issue after changing the plow fluid. I checked and cleaned my multi-pin plug, even spread the pins a little to make better contact. I checked the controller, it was ok. I found and repaired the blk/org wire. I checked for voltage at the lt.grn and lt. blu wires, all was ok. All three spool valves were in excelent orking condition. I also switched the solenoids to no avail. I gave up and headed home. When I was driving I tried it and it just started working like nothing was wrong.
    I have never had this issue before.

5. no lead

if the solenoid is melted it wont be long till you have nothing. what controller do you have? have someone push left and see if the small terminal on solenoid gets hot. if it does its not controller. if so does the sol click?

6. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I have a style 2 controller, and I am not hearing any click out of the solenoid.

7. no lead

handheld or jostick. does the little terminal get hot?

8. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Joystick, which little terminal there are 2 of them.

9. no lead

the black/orange is ground. use a test light and see the other one gets hot. push left right and up. if it gets hot all 3 times the controler is good. have someone run it left and right and you shake and twist the grill connector and the wires.

10. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

The little terminal is hot in raise and right, but not in left.

11. no lead

indicates controller. possibly a harness issue. try a different control.

12. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Thank You , I will do some further testing on the control per the instructions in the owners manual.

13. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The relay would be the problem with your lights if it melted.

14. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Replaced PC board in controller and plow works fine now. Sending out old one to be rebuilt as a spare. Thanks for all the help.