1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimount 6'6" plow, no lights...

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 82stang, Nov 17, 2007.

1. 82stang

82stang Junior Member
    from NY

Hello,

I got a used plow off a 93 S10 blazer like mine. Hooked everything up easy enough. harness was toughest and still proving that way. It was a rat's nest to begin with. First the plow didn't work,but found ground wire that solved that. Wires on Driver's side of harness proved to be wired wrong. I fixed most of them and now the vehicle headlights work on high beam and only left low beam. All markers on vehicle work. Since getting the plow, I've never seen the plow lights work. I pulled one of the bulbs and looked good and clean. The wires on the driver's side that were wrong, I fixed most and got the vehicle lights I do now. According to schematics, there is a brown wire in the bunch there that needed to go into one of the relays. Problem is there are two browns coming out of the harness and it doesn't look like it was tampered with because the harness is coated in the original braiding there. So, I have one brown delinquent wire not sure where to put it and still no plow lights whatsoever. Any ideas or help would be kind.

Thanks.

2. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

The two brown wires.... You should have one that runs to the parking lamp itself, and one the had to connectors on it that runs to the relays. It would connect to the loc#86 on BOTH relays. The purple wire would run to the RIGHT turn signal, and there should be a grey wire for the left signal.

As for the headlights. I do believe your truck has single lights, so if you used the adaptor plug, I would check the right side headlight plug and see if there is a problem in it. Also, check the adaptor harness. The problem will be in that area. If the left side works on low beam, the wire going to the driverside for the low beam is probably broken, pinched or bad in the plug. If you dont see a problem anywhere, try pluging in the factory headlight plug on that side and see if the light still works...... I would also clean up the plug a little and use some dielectric grease on it.

Tom

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007