1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Unimont quadrant Q

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by shaneandmissy11, Dec 15, 2009.

1. shaneandmissy11

shaneandmissy11 Junior Member
    from iowa

I've got a Poly (non pro) 7'6" western unimount. Plow is about 12 years old.

The center spring mounts to a tab that looks to be welded to the quadrant, and the spring hooks to the tab.

This tab has broke off, and I have to weld it up every year. Last year, I beefed up the pivot hole, and welded the hell out of the tab, and first time out this year, the weld broke again.

I got fed up, and started looking for a new quadrant, and all the quadrants I have found, do not have that tab welded on it.

its starting to be a pain having to weld this thing ever time I plow.

The plow works fine even with that tab broke, as the bolt through the a frame also goes through this tab. The only problem I have noticed is driving down the road, the blade wants to wobble with the weld broke.

Any ideas, on how to fix this permantley?

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009