1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western uni

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by concreteman, Sep 18, 2006.

1. concreteman

concreteman Junior Member

western uni mount woun't raises or angle motor runs put in new atf checked the S1 S2 and the S3 cartridge valves all work wene power is hooked up to them any idea i will check power from the truck side plug to the plow it self tomorrow

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

debris in one of the spool valves?

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

I know you said you put in new fluid... But did you pull the motor and check and clean the filter on the pump inside the reservoir? If the motor runs and you have no movement normally the motor will try to deadhead or lock up as there is no way for fluid flow.
    Let us know what you find.
    :rolleyes: John...

4. Brannick's Snow

Brannick's Snow Member
    from ohio

on one of our mpv plows the pick up fell off the pump intake

5. concreteman

well after playing with it today i found out what the problem was it's the plug on the plow side so i need to get a new one and spice the plug together any body do this b 4 do the wires match up or is it a pain in the a$$

6. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

You shouldn't have to much of a problem installing the repair connector, The black with the orange stripe wire is about the only one that may give you a little trouble splicing in, so where the two come down use only one into the connector on the repair harness. You will see what I mean when you get the new one and the harness cover cut back..
    :rolleyes: John...

7. concreteman

should i get a S.A.M plug or a western plug