1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western uni or ultra for my mitsu-fuso

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by concreteguy, Nov 27, 2006.

1. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

:confused: need to know if anyone knows where to find the truck side harness for a unimount or ultramount for my 1994 mitsubishi-fuso fh100. Can I just get any harness and splice into my wiring. Also, can you mount the ultramount truck side frame by making the needed pieces of steel to fabricate this to work like you would do w/ the unimount
    Thanks, Tom
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Where In Illinois are you located?

If you are unable to find the part through internet sources, try John aka GARAGEKEEPER or even Koenig Body in Peoria or Moline.
  3. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

Johnnyu, I'm in Lombard,IL. and was wondering if the ultramount can be installed on the truck even if it's not truck specific.Also was wondering if the isolation module will be any trouble to hook-up or can I just eliminate it and run my own switch.

Thanks, Tom
  4. slongfellowii

slongfellowii Senior Member

You don't need to run the iso system. The relay system is available on an ultra or unimount. Wiring is generic. You just have to tie into parking lights blinker, and find the correct headlight harness. The mount for the unimount would be easier to modify to your truck because the main front carriage is one piece on some models. You just have to make the main frame fit below the bumper and make some arms to go farther back on the frame to triangulate the bracket. Anyone with some fabrication skills should be able to come up with something without to much trouble.