1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni Mount ?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 00silverado, Aug 28, 2014.

1. 00silverado

00silverado Member

I'm getting a western unimount 7.5 that's in great shape for $450 . It only comes with plow side . I am mounting it on a 2000 silverado 1500 .

My question is what am I going to need to mount the plow ? Like what harnesses will I need?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Truck side mount, truck side wiring, controller head light adaptors. And a bunch of nuts and bolts

3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Have you tried Western's match program on their site? That will give you all part numbers.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I didn't think you could buy a truck side mount for a unimount any longer.

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

It should still have a part number for the mount but now you have to buy an Ultramount and get the adapter.

6. 00silverado

00silverado Member

I looked I couldn't findd this plow on there I'll check again tomorrow maybe I put wrong thing in

7. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

It's not going to show that plow... They haven't made them in twelve or thirteen years. You can no longer buy the truck mount for that plow new. You'll have to find a used one. Or, like someone said, you'll have to get a truck mount for an Ultramount and use the Ultra to Uni mount conversion. Quickmatch should give you part numbers for relay style lighting harnesses. which is what you'll need for a Uni-mount. Enter your vehicle info, and select any Ultramount plow, then select "relay part numbers" at the top of the final page.

8. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

This.......

9. 00silverado

00silverado Member

Is the ultra mount harness the same ? And I also herd the fisher mm1 harness would work to

10. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

No ultramount is not the same as a uni but you could use the ultra wiring. You would just have to rewire your plow tho

11. cubicinches

Only the relay style harnesses for the very early two plug Ultras would work, as all Unimounts are two plug. Otherwise, you'd need to convert the plow to three plug. Then the three plug, isolation module style truck harnesses will work. And, yes, Fisher MM1 harnesses will work as well, provided they are two plug, relay style.

12. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

its usually best to buy a complete setup with all truckside wiring and mounts. what may seem like a good deal for plowside only can end up costing more than if you get a complete setup to begin with once you find and buy and all missing components.

lets see some pics of what you got.

13. cubicinches

Good advice.

Truck side equipment often costs much more than people realize, thus making a lot of "plow only" deals not as good as they originally seem.