1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western uni mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnmanjoe, Jan 29, 2014.

1. lawnmanjoe

lawnmanjoe Junior Member

can anyone tell me if western made a uni mount truck side mount for a 2003 dodge ram 2500?

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Don't think so. Try storks auto

They make a ultra mount to uni adaptor

3. lawnmanjoe

lawnmanjoe Junior Member

thanks whiffy

4. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, to get something new ALL unimounts would need an ultramount mount and an ultramount to unimount adapter.
    but if you are wondering if they EVER made a unimount mount for an '03 Dodge, in hopes of finding a used one - nope they never made that one. The latest Dodge unimount would be the '94 body style (62035), which should have worked up to '02. But '03 was definitely a different body.

5. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

I am honestly surprised there isn't an aftermarket company that fabricates mounts for some of the older plows

6. lawnmanjoe

lawnmanjoe Junior Member

Thanks for the info about the adaptor nealybird......xjoedirt I am surprised also.....I did think about making my mount fit this truck

7. xjoedirt55x

xjoedirt55x Senior Member

If you have the materials and the equipment to weld up your brackets, you could see how the ultramount mounts to your frame, and use that as a starting point to make mounting brackets, then find some way to attach a generic unimount plate to that.

8. lawnmanjoe

lawnmanjoe Junior Member

xjoedirt55x I have the unimount truck side from another truck to start

9. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

yes, a lot of people take what the have and cut and weld and cobble it on different trucks. sometimes that's the only choice there is (like with old conventional plows for instance).

as for an aftermarket place making them, I think I know why they don't. In this case for example, there never was a unimount mount engineered by Western that an aftermarket place could copy. they would have to engineer it themselves, and crash test a truck with it on there, etc. they don't do that. they just do the easy stuff, where they can buy a part from Western and copy it and sell it a few bucks cheaper.

10. tkoyen

tkoyen Junior Member

There is a guy in (or near) Rockford, IL that does this. He will fabricate a Unimount for pretty much whatever you need it to go on. I can't recall his name, but I had a friend that he did a couple for.

I was thinking of having him make one for my 06 Ram, but I may just go with the Ultramount/adapter combo so I can switch to an Ultra plow when the Unimount croaks.