1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni-Mount wont work

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by codylandscaping, Jan 31, 2010.

1. codylandscaping

codylandscaping Junior Member
    from Clifton

Has a new motor
    When i hok up plow and use the joystick no controls work and the signals and high beam light go on in my truck like there is some kinda short waht can be going wrong and what can be replaced to fix this proublem plow has worked before this

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad ground my friend. loosen them all and clean well.

3. codylandscaping

from Clifton

I will Check all of them can it be the truck solinode?

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

could be the solenoid. jump the 2 large terminals and you will know. i think ground issue.

5. codylandscaping

from Clifton

Well i ordered a new one anyway always good to have extra parts. Thanks for your help tommorow im going to check the grounds.

6. snowhappy

snowhappy Member

I would go with ground problem also

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

thats deff a ground, i changed my battery in my truck this summer and my boss did the same thing and all the running lights cam on in the truck. cheack all of you truck/plow side grounds

8. codylandscaping

from Clifton

Thank You Everybody it was a groud,plow works great i ran a ground from wiring harness to my truck bumper only place it would work