1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western uni mount wiring problem help please!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by edgescaper, Jan 22, 2007.

1. edgescaper

edgescaper Junior Member

Hello - I have a 2004 F250 with a uni-mount. ( I took plow off of my 2001 f250) The other day i was sitting in the truck and the plow was working fine, then the plow lights went out along w/ the dash lights - I replaced the fuse and everything was fine.
    Today the same thing happened but instead of the dash lights just going right off they dimed, came back on and the plow lights went out (truck lights came on) along with the parking lights going out(on both front and back of truck). I checked all fuses and all are fine?? I also replaced both relays - nothing... the plow was mounted for 2 months before without any problems... any ideas??? am i using the right wiring harness?? Thank you for any help

Last edited: Jan 22, 2007
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you still have no parking light's on the truck but all your fuses are good?

3. edgescaper

edgescaper Junior Member

that's right - i checked all the fuses - the parking lights don't work and the directionals do

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you just pull the fuse out and look at it or did you actually check BOTH side's of the fuse with a test light? Sometime's you can't tell the fuse is blown just by visually checking it so I'd recommend checking them with a test light as there's really only 2 things that would make ALL the parking lights not work, either a fuse, or the headlight switch itself and the fuse should protect the head light switch..... You definitely have a bad connection or a short somewhere in the truck though for it to be blowing fuses but you gotta get the parking light's to work again before we can diagnose why it's blowing fuses.

5. edgescaper

edgescaper Junior Member

I replaced the fuse and I am also thinking that the switch is bad - but why would the headlights still work on that switch?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Well, I've never had a head light switch apart out of the newer Ford's yet but if their just like any other head light switch, the head light circuit and the parking light circiut's are 2 separate circuit's inside the switch.