1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western uni mount slow then stop

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by LilRabbit, Dec 25, 2013.

1. LilRabbit

LilRabbit Junior Member
    from N.E. MI

I have a 1995 western uni mount poly pro. In the morning it will go up about 3-4 times or angle a few more then slow then stop. I put a new motor, pump, solenoid on the truck fender, drained all oil took solenoids out and blew them out cleaned still same issues. I am out of ideas- any help Is greatly appreciated

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  2. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Check your battery connection's grounds especially if all are good put a pressure gauge the presure specs should be around 1500 psi don't quote me on the spec just a starting point

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

X2 on the connections

4. LilRabbit

LilRabbit Junior Member
    from N.E. MI

5. dieselss

Pwr and gnd cables?
    What was the original symptoms you were having before you threw all those parts at it

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Does the motor stop? Or does the plow stop moving but motor still runs? What did the filter look like when you replaced the pump?

7. LilRabbit

LilRabbit Junior Member
    from N.E. MI

wouldn't lift or angle, sounds like battery dead can't hear motor run. everything slows then when I lift or angle it just clicks

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

And jumper positive and negative directly to plow motor did nothing? If let sit it will start to work again? Sounds like resistance/heat problem. Motor getting hot and not working or solenoid can do the same thing. But if you jumped power to motor with no improvement I would not think it was solenoid. What type of fluid are you using?

9. LilRabbit

LilRabbit Junior Member
    from N.E. MI

Sam blue -50 and screen had very little sluge

10. dieselss

What's the voltage reading on the trk?

11. LilRabbit

LilRabbit Junior Member
    from N.E. MI

13.6 when running/ 11.2 when not. Thank you for support! It was the brass adapter that goes in positive side of battery stripped and loose. We put a steel one in and fixed.