1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western uni-mount problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ifarmueat, Nov 30, 2008.

1. ifarmueat

ifarmueat Junior Member

I just had a used Western uni-mount installed on my 95 F-350. the problem is that when i try to angle it it is very shaky if it is raised off the ground even a couple of inches. It will also get shaky when lifting past about half way up. I suspect it may be air in the system. Also, when i move the joystick to the lower position, it drops all the way, shouldnt it stop when you let go? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Low on fluid.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare Senior Member

If not low on fluid, the filter could be clogged.

4. ifarmueat

ifarmueat Junior Member

Thanks for the help. I bled the system today and got alot of air and foamy fluid out and it seems to be working alot better. Probably should check the filter tomorrow.

5. lmarine

lmarine Member

foamy fluid means it has water in it i would drain it put in a new filter $9.00 fill it with new trans fluid and good for the season

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Means it has air in it.

You got the air in the system from trying to run it while it was low on fluid, couldnt pick up fluid so it put air in the system, when it returned the fluid and air to the tank you got foam.

And with the joystick controller when you put the plow in the down positon, it goes all the way down.