1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni-Mount Problems

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bighammer, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Bighammer

Bighammer Member

My plow works, but it seems like it's lifting slowly. Also, when I angle left, it goes right for a moment then corrcts itself. Any guesses on what's going on, or things I should check besides fluid level?

Thanks

2. matt-max

matt-max Member

try a full swap on fluid if you have not lately and check/clean the screens and 'ports.' you might have a piece of debris blocking one.

3. mchur01

mchur01 Senior Member

Right then left sounds like the valve is sticking, and as far as speed has it always been slow?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it angle's right before it goes left then the S3 valve is slow to open. Now that could be caused by the valve itself being bad or could be an electrical problem like a loose wire connection on the S3 coil or especially at the grill plug connections.

The connection problem is easy to diagnose if it does it often as you can check the S3 coil for magnetism when you push the control to angle left. If you push it left and the coil immediately has magnetism then it's more than likely the valve that's faulty.
    Be very careful of blade movement when doing this test!

If it doesn't have magnetism right away then it has to be an electrical problem or a faulty coil on the S3 valve.

As to the slowness, it may just need a good flush and the pump filter cleaned if it hasn't been done in a while, but it can also be a weak pump or a weak motor or even just a poor connection in the cables between the battery and the motor (especially at the grill connector)