1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western uni mount problem not raising up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by garyg, Dec 18, 2010.

1. garyg

garyg Junior Member

I just bought my used western pro 8' unimount. have it all hooked up to the truck, when i go to raise it, it starts to raise up, when it gets to the point of no slack in the chain, pump makes noise but will not raise. when i go to lower it, ithe lift arm does not move since the plow never left the ground. i can then go and push the lift arm down using some moderate force, nothing real major. plow moves left and right no problem. please help. This is a western pro plow 8' staright blade (unimount) mounted on a 1998 chevy k1500, it also has the handhels joystick controller

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

possibility of being a use plow, most likely the fluid has never been change and the filter might be plug.

So I would start here;

A) check the fluid level to make sure you have the correct amount of fluid.

B) if the fluid is dirty, I would change it, and also clean the suction filter which is attach to the pump, which is inside the pump housing.

If you have no idea, how to check the fluid level, here is a link to a thread, look at post #4
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=113298

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

how old is the battery in the truck? What condition is the alternator in? My buddy just had this problem with his and his electrical/charging system isn't strong enough. He replaced his battery and it helped but he still needs a new alternator and a second battery imo