1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni-Mount Plow Toubleshoot Help!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by shearslawncare, Jan 7, 2012.

1. shearslawncare

shearslawncare Junior Member
    from NJ

i have a 7'6" western uni mount on my 95 F350 Dump. The Plow wont go up, down or left, right. The plow relay is clicking and the battery relay is also clicking when you try to move the plow. i recently took off the motor and pump and i cleaned the filter and replaced the fluid. when i put it back on the plow was working perfect with no problem. next morning i came out and it was doing this. i traced wires and there is no visible problem.
    Someone please respond with some help! its only a backup truck but itd be nice to get it going.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Sounds like you need to check your motor.

You need to check and see of if you are getting 12v out to the motor. Start there and try to get the motor spinning.

Try the seach button. There is tons of info for reading already within the site.
  3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

ck your gnds,,,if its not going dwn,,might just be a bad gnd. start at the truck, then work your way to the plow. if thats good, then ck the gnds at the coils, then ck for pwr at the coils while operating the controller
  4. DJC

DJC Senior Member

make sure the plug-ins are connected good and check for power out at the plow when someone is holding the joystick in the UP position
  5. shearslawncare

shearslawncare Junior Member
    from NJ

I will check all my power tomorrow and see where that takes me. Thanks for the help guys!
  6. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Its probably your power plug. Try wiggling it while someone moves the controller.