1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western uni mount pin keeps falling out

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by newtland, Feb 4, 2009.

1. newtland

newtland Junior Member

HI I HAVE A WESTERN UNIMOUNT. EVERY TIME I GO OUT ONE OF THE PINS KEEPS FALLING OUT IVE BEEN THROUGH ABOUT EIGHT OF THEM AND TRIED A COUPLE DIFFERENT SAFETY PINS BUT IT STILL FALLS OUT.
    CAN ANYONE HELP:cry:http://www.plowsite.com/images/smilies/crying.gif

2. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

Which pin?????

3. newtland

newtland Junior Member

Thanks for replying, the pin im talking about are one of the two that hook up to the frame part on the bottom.

4. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Gib suggested a fix for this problem in this thread Link
    Good luck
    S

5. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

that pin is called a lynch pin. My first fix was to put some tie wire on the handle so when the pin falls out you don't lose it. My fix was to replace the pin with a bolt with 2 nuts on the end so the bolt can slide takes little longer to install remove but no problems last year and a half

6. iluv2plow

iluv2plow Junior Member

pin problem

My pin keeps falling out also, every storm i lose a pin.I have noticed that the truck is lower to the ground now, "meaning the front end" and it bottoms out at driveway entrances and bumps in the road.I think it's causing the small pin to pop out of the large pin & eventually fall out.

7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Use a lynch clip

like this.....

lynchclip.JPG