1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni-Mount or Ultra Mount???

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by WheelerandSon, Feb 17, 2008.

1. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Hello all!

I have a 2001 Chevy 2500HD that I am needing a plow mount for. I currently have two older Chevy's that are running Uni-Mounts and I was going to put a mount on my 01 (personal truck) to use as a back up.

What I need to know is if there are Uni-Mount brackets still available for my 2001 or will I have to get an Ultra Mount bracket with a Uni-Mount conversion? Or, does such a critter even exist???

Also, I was wondering how much cutting of the air dam will be needed depending upon the route I go.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Hey Ryan, I would personally put a ultra on cause it looks cleaner on the new trucks compared to the uni. As for cutting on the front end, It is very minimual with the ultra-mount.
  3. dirtyedge

dirtyedge Junior Member
    from se WI

There are UNImount brackets available for the newer chevy's. If you already have the plows I would definately go that route. You can get them from Western or there are usually some on ebay. If you aren't familiar with wiring Western plows, you may want to take it to a dealer/installer as the newer chevy's have a 6 relay wiring harness which can be a pain.

I think I have the part numbers I will look and let you know.
  4. dirtyedge

dirtyedge Junior Member
    from se WI

Unimount bracket should be kit #63360-1 model 3525

The wiring harnesss for a unimount straight blade should be #63392
  5. WheelerandSon

WheelerandSon Member

Thanks for the info
  6. tubecat

tubecat Junior Member
    from NY

Unimount bracket #63360-1 model 3525

I am also in need of this mount. I'm bringing back a rust free 2001 Chevy 1500HD from TX and have a Unimount that I took off my 99 GMC 1500 Z71. My first time on this site and seems very helpful with some great advise.

1)Can someone please help verify that the 3525 is in deed correct for the 1500HD?
    2) Any ideas of where to find a used one?
    3) I found a brand new one locally for $600. A new UItramount seems to be $450 plus $228 for the Unimount adapter. All seems expensive.
    4) I also have a friend who owns a fabrication shop and he thinks he can modify the 99 GMC mount. Do this is reasonably and safely possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  7. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

I have the mount and wiring if your interested? Just let me know.
  8. tubecat

tubecat Junior Member
    from NY

9. JD MN

JD MN Junior Member
    from MN

Question: I have a unimount bracket on a 00 Chevy, and I am currently searching for a newer Chevy/GMC 2004-2008. Where can I search to find out which year bracker will fit a certain year truck. To explain further for example, will my bracket fit 1999-2001... or say a 2002 bracket will fit years through 2004, ect.
  10. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

there's not a really easy place to find that info because it's complicated. for your situation, if you are talking 3/4 ton Silverado, then your mount from the 00 should fit 99-02 3/4 ton silverados. If your particular mount was built after the 03 trucks came out in 02, then it should be the newer version (63360-1) that will work on 99-06 2500 silverados. It would also work on 07 classic 2500's, but would not work on the all new 07. It would also not work on 1/2 ton 99+ Silverados.