1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni-mount MVP

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Rc2505, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a problem with my Western Uni-Mount MVP. Two weeks ago I dropped reverse out of this truck. I pulled it into a heated shop, dropped the plow and spreader and took the truck to have the tranny rebuilt. Everything on the plow worked perfectly the day I dropped it. Today I pulled the truck into the shop and hooked up the plow. The right wing moved back about 3 inches, and now no plow movement at all. The motor runs when I push the buttons on the controller but no plow movement. I drained the fluid, removed the reservoir and cleaned the filter, and both pick-up screens, put it all back together and nothing. Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

I would first clean all the connectors on the plugs. You may have some built up corrosion on the pins.

3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok so after a couple different times to work on this I have the up and down working, and the right wing working. The left wing is still dead in the water doing nothing. I am going to buy repair plugs Monday and put them in. If that doesn't work I am going to buy a Boss V plow for the truck. Anyone have any other ideas?

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Test light the valves while operating the function