1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western uni-mount moldboard partial replacement

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by preludesi, Feb 22, 2009.

1. preludesi

preludesi Junior Member

hi everyone i'd be the newbee... im getting a mvp unimount however its bent to heck.. where can i get the ribs..etc. to reweld the moldboard? is there a kit out there.. thanks in advance..

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Can't get the moldboard in pieces. It's either cut it apart, twist it back straight or replace the whole wing.

3. preludesi

preludesi Junior Member

ok thanks for the reply, there are some (rust holes).. i dont know how to upload pictures on here to show you. but i was hoping for some specialty shop that repairs them to sell me the pieces.. i do autobody i'm quite sure i can tackle the welding...

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I had a straight blade that was twisted once, gently cut the welds on the ribs loose, chained the board to the floor and twisted it back straight with the chain hoist and then rewelded the rids. couldnt tell it had been reworked .

5. preludesi

preludesi Junior Member

i think this one is too far gone...its really bent lol i'll have to figure out how to get pictures on here...