1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Uni Mount Issue please help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by lawnsrusinc., Nov 17, 2010.

1. lawnsrusinc.

lawnsrusinc. Senior Member

I have a western uni mount 10' the pump runs and and if i crack the hyd line it will spray out but it wont go left or right or up at all. Any ideas? Much appreciation
  2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Test pump pressure.
    If you take both hoses off the pump can you move the plow side to side?
  3. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Check your grounds. This there a black/orange wire coming out of the box and going to the ground post on the plow motor. Make sure that is good. Sounds like none of the solinoids are opening. The motor will run, but if a solinoid does not open, the valve will not allow the fluid to the correct spot.
  4. lawnsrusinc.

Yea cleaned out the filter replaced the fluid checked that ground wire but will do again...... The solenoids have 6.6 Ohms which is right on with specs that i read up on. Now after so much messing with up down left right the controller will only turn the motor on in the up position. Dont have a $2-300 controller laying around but was now leaning to the controler that it wasnt sending a signal to the solenoids only to the main power relay. I was getting pressure out of the lines but not a continues pressure. Thats what has me so thrown for a loop.
  5. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

If it is not a continious flow it sounds like a a power/ground is getting interrupted.
    Did you do the individual power tests on each selonoid (sp?)?
  6. lawnsrusinc.

Yea we could not get much more than a flicker on the light test on the solenoids then the controller stopped turning the pump on wasn't sure is it common for these controllers to take a crap
  7. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

your s-3 valve is stuck shifted. that's why no up or left right.

bad connection is causing the control to turn off.