1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western uni-mount high beams only

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by myron585, Dec 29, 2011.

1. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

hello everyone,

I have a 1990 ford F-150 with a western uni-mount plow and the only headlights I can get to work is the high beams. I have a 4-port isolator and a 9 pin plug I have parking lights and turn signals I went through the wiring and its seems to be ok all brand new and the fuses are good can anyone help please.
    thanks all
    myron

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

did you ck to see if you have pwr at the headlight connector at the back of the truck headlights?? see if you have the low beam signal going to the iso mod.

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

ISO.....9 Pin.....hmmmmm

4. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Yes I have power at the headlights and when I turn on the headlights theres no power at the headlights until I turn on the high beams. When I use the powerprobe they do light on low and high so i know the bulb is good. It's very strange

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

no,,check the pwr at the TRUCK headlight plug.see if your truck is sending pwr to the plow wiring. if you have pwr at the plug, follow it to the iso mod. make sure you have it at the iso. then check to see if you have it coming out of the iso. then at the grill connector. sounds like your loosing signal somewhere in the system, just have to find out where.

6. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Ok I will do that in the morning
    Thanks again

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like it's a couple pins short if it actually is an Iso system huh Ryan? :D

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

Ahyup, that's what I was thinking.

9. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Yes it is an ISO system if you are not here to help please keep comments to self if you have any thoughts on how to help please do

10. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Well, if it's an iso system, you won't have any connectors with nine pins.

If you're looking for help, it probably won't do any good to be porky with the few people on here that can actually help you. Just sayin... :)

11. RepoMan207

from Maine

Apparently I wasn't being clear enough........talk about biting the hand.

Let me clarify what we're talking about, a common light harness on an ISO setup is 11 pins, not 9. Either you missed counted, they're broken, or it's a manufacture screw up.

12. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

There ate 9 pins on the connection going to the lights and I have a four port isolator and if I have the wrong harness or what ever thats why I come here I know everyone here has a lot of knowledge. I have wired it the way the western diagram said to and only Tue high beam lights come on the wiring booklet says it should be a 9 pin so I don't know. Anyway thanks for the help you have giving me to this point

13. cubicinches

The harness that would go to the lights on a four port system would come from the #2 position on the module, and would have 11 female pin sockets. I'm not even aware of a 9 pin harness that has a connector that would plug into the module... does it have an end that would plug into the module?

14. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Yes it goes to the # 2 port maybe there are pins missing I will have to check in the morning and let you know and I can send a video to you or post it on YouTube thanks again will let you know about the harness if some of the pins are broken
    Myron585

15. RepoMan207

from Maine

Myron, it's common knowledge that the particular harness in question has an 11 pin connector....to most that is. My first comment was short and suggestive because I thought it had just been overlooked by yourself, and or Dieselss. I shouldn't of assumed that it didn't need further explanation.

Yes, the connector is your issue. Now, are you counting 9 pins truck side or plow side? Does the plow itself only have 2 connectors or 3? If the harness truck side is new, and it only has 9 pins, then it's defective and needs to be returned to the dealer for an exchange. If it's used, then they've been broken off and you need a new harness. If there is only 2 connectors on the plow...then your plow is setup for an older relay system and it needs to be converted. Answer the questions and one of us will point you in the right directions with part numbers and all.

16. cubicinches

The harness coming from the #2 position on the module should be 11 female sockets, not pins... 26357 is the part number, if it happens to have a tag on it. The 11 male pins are on the lighting harness on the plow side.

17. cubicinches

Re-reading your original post, I see this is a Uni-mount. If that's the case, it's not going to work with a three plug isolation module setup on the truck side unless the plow has previously been converted to three plug, or that's what you're in the process of doing. Uni-Mount straight blades were all two plug originally.

18. myron585

myron585 Junior Member

Yes it goes to the # 2 port maybe there are pins missing I will have to check in the morning and let you know and I can send a video to you or post it on YouTube thanks again will let you know about the harness if some of the pins are broken
    Myron585