1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western uni-mount bleeds down--Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bazook, Jul 19, 2006.

1. bazook

bazook Junior Member

First things first, Great, Great site, been looking around on here for a month or so, and have fund the answers to most of my questions. Okay now my problem, I have a 7.5" pro plow, uni-mount that will bleed down in about 3 minutes time, but really weird part is it stops leaking down when it gets to within 3-4 inches of the ground then it will stay at that height overnight. I just got this plow used form a friend of a friend, was told fluid was changed regularly, I did check the western web site for diagnoses help, they say its a solenoid problem, if it leaked down all the way to the ground I could see that, but the fact that it stops 3-4 in. above doesn't make any since to me. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks John
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be your 20 (2 way) cartridge is sticking. Basically the spring that returns the shuttle to the closed position is weak. As the hydraulic pressure decreases it allow the shuttle to close completely. swap the part with a known good cartridge and see if that solves it.
  3. bazook

bazook Junior Member

Basher, I never said thank you, did this and it fixed my problem--you da man!:salute: