1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnkid, Feb 26, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

How much faster is the Western ultramount than all of the other plows. It looks really bulky and expensive. I see that Nova has one and was wondering how it was holding out. Is it a steel plow or moldboard, looks steel. Any advantages and disadvantages would be helpful.

2. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i saw one at a trade show recently. all you do is push it up to the truck, and pull two levers to bring it into the plow frame. my only hesitation about it, is that the mount hangs down kinda low.

3. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

I have one. I saw it at the simposium in denver and was not impressed at that point, mainly because their push on it then was how fast you can install/remove it.

well this past fall i bought a new truck and had a western installed(also have some uni-mounts), and i assumed it would be the uni......picked it up and it was the ultra!

Was not mad but did not expect much, still have not used it but seven or so times but I am very happy with it and it does mount VERY fast. So far it feels and looks heavy duty.

I would buy another

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

GUYS,
    Got a new 7 1/2 Ultra mount this year. Works
    great. A little low to ground tho and can"t stack
    snow as high as my old style hard mount Western.
    Easy to mount and dismount too........
    I got 10 yrs. pretty much hard trouble free plowing
    on my old one ! My bud bought it from me and has
    been trouble free for him..I hope this new ultra
    works as hard and is as trouble free as my old one !
    ...............Geo

Last edited: Feb 27, 2002