1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by noregretz248, Dec 27, 2004.

1. noregretz248

noregretz248 Junior Member
    from MI

I have the opertunity to purchase a complete ultramount plow with hydraulics and everything except for vehicle wiring harnes and vehicle mounting hardware for $1,700. Just curious if this is worth it or not? Not sure how much or which mounting hardware is required for an 03 Silverado D/A? Thanks for any help!

2. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

I bought mine for a 02' ford SD. $2800 used one season. Excellent blade. I know the undercarriage will caost about $470 and the Isolation Module(wiring harness) I can't remember. It all depends on your headlight type only because Gm motors changed there headlight design 4 times in one year. The controller is about $255. That is for the hand held "cab command" controller. If you can get everything for under or around $3,000 you will be in good shape. All I can tell you is that you will love the Ulramount.Also, what size is this blade that's offered? that may base your decision too.

3. noregretz248

noregretz248 Junior Member
    from MI

The blade is 7' 6", I bought it, its freaking brand new, not a scratch or rust at all. Its set up for the 11 pin, the guys said that he likes the 11 pin better because its stronger than the 12 pin? I hope this doesn't present a problem. Any one in MI recomend a dealer for the mounts and rest of the parts I need?

Now I just need the snow to hold off, but its 54 out right now so I dont think that will be an issue. I am excited purplebou :drinkup:

4. I also have an ultramount (8') and am looking at new trucks. I was looking to keep the whole set-up for the new truck. My Western dealer told me it would cost me $1700 to swap it from my 98 Ram to a 2005 F250, complete, labor and all if that helps you at all.

5. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

Click on the Western Icon at the top of the page....you should be able to contact someone near you for parts. Congratulations....you bought peace of mind

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

1700 is a way good price i paid 3950 complete for mine id say thats a really good deal