1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western UltraMount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by forwhlr989, Jan 15, 2012.

1. forwhlr989

forwhlr989 Member

Went to look at a western ultramount for sale and was wondering if around $1000 was a good price for it. Plowside only. Has some rust but doesnt seem to have any holes in the blade. Problem is it has sat for the last 2-3 years and i have no idea if it works or not but it worked back then according to the guy. Its the 2 plug and was wondering if there is anything to look out for on these plows wear and tear wise (Ive only ran meyer plows before) any help would be appreciated..thanks

2. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

If it is a two plug ultramount it is quite old. In recent years all ultra straight blades have used the three plug system. If it comes with any truck side wiring it will have the old relays. If I were installing this for you I would push you to go with the three plug system and an isolation module but that would mean some new nighthawk headlights and new cables for the plow too. You can't run the isolation module (solid state device that switches the headlights from truck to plow) on the old two plug setup. Something to look at on that plow is if the pivot pins are rusted in and siezed after sittiing so long. The pivot pins are the things that allow the plow to go up and down. If they are rusted in you will probably need a new pivot bar and pins not to mention the labour involved.