1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by John_DeereGreen, Mar 21, 2011.

1. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I've got an 04 2500, quadcab shortbed auto commonrail and I'm plow shopping.

Right now, we're running Fords, one with an 8.5 Western Pro plow, and one with a homemade setup with a Meyer poly and E47.

I LOVE the Western mounting system, and I'm wondering if anyone else has anything that works better or smoother than it does and if anyone has had any problems with the Ultramount on the commonrail Dodges.

Looking forward to input!
  2. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

I really like my ultramount. the only thing thats a pain is getting the stands set the the right length when you take the plow off. if you dont park the plow in the same spot everytime you might have to readjust the feet or take the chain off. on my 3500 the recievers have low clearance to the ground with the weight of the plow so sometimes the reciever will scrape ground. other then that its a really simple design, very strong.