1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultramount works then acts like it freezes up

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by aquku, Dec 12, 2014.

1. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

This plow has many new parts including S2 and S3 valve, new motor, and new end on the electrical hook ups.

One of our employees plowed for 12 hours with it and had no problems. The next morning worked for about 5 minutes then it acted like it was frozen in the right angle position. Motor runs, coils have power and ground as they should. Go back to use it one hour later and the plow worked five for about 5 minutes, then it "froze" back in the same position. It seems to me a pressure relief problem, just not sure where to check it or adjust it.

any help would be great

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

When it freezes, will it go up?

3. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

No, not typically. At times, it make move very, very slowly in an upward movement

4. micklock

micklock Senior Member

sounds like you have some water in the fluid

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Really........

6. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Did you try a different controller

7. aquku

aquku Member
    from 14432

new controller last winter, January

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Doesn't mean its a good one did you try a different controller now to rule that part out

I know I sold a guy a new one and 3 months later he was having problems
    Controller was bad Then found out he spilled pop on it Made his plow to freeze up and sometime wouldn't work at all