1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount wiring harness

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Nitsuj, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Junior Member

I have a question and I hope someone here may know. I traded in my 2008 Ford F250 for a 2008 Ram 3500. I took the wiring harness off the Ford thinking it's universal and I'd be able to use it on the Dodge. Is that true? The only thing I can picture not working is where the harness plugs into the stock headlight wiring, I'm sure Ford and Dodge use different connectors. At the moment, I don't have access to the truck or the harness to look so I'm hoping someone here can lend some advice.

2. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Junior Member

No one? Forum must be slow this time of year.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well your hoping someone has an 08 superduty and can tell you what lights they are. And hoping someone has an 08 dodge and can tell you the lights. Or if you jump on westerns website and do the quick match and see if they come up with the same

4. Nitsuj

Nitsuj Junior Member

I must be using their site wrong. When I tried to look up electrical parts, they list a bunch of different harnesses, but none of them were vehicle specific. I was really just hoping someone here had switched from one brand of truck, to any other brand of truck and could just say, "Yes, you just need an adapter" or "no, you need to buy a new harness".

But I'll just continue searching, thanks anyway.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Westerns quick match. Look to see if the ford and dodge have the same headlights

6. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

I have an ultramount on my 2005 gmc & the Isolation module has a green label on it...look & see what color your label is on your Isolation module & if it's 4-port or 3-port...go to western website/electrical & click on the Isolation module's (#s) until you find the same one that you have....& it will show what harnesses that match that Isolation module...