1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ultramount pump rebuild

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cj7plowing, Mar 8, 2010.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

one of the ultramounts I have started moving really slow and pulling voltage. after checking the common stuff (grounds, positives connections) and servicing the pump(dropped the resevoir and changed filter) I brought it to the dealer that I use.

I was told the PA block was not holding the proper pressure (1200psi) and has to be replaced to the tune of 1100 bucks after I chuckled,I said to the guy "no seriously whats wrong" he said its 6 hours labor to move everything out of the old block and put it in the new one and reinstall.

so needless to say I told him not to do anything as I have installed most of my ultramount plows in less time, I need a second opinion.

also anyone know someone who does rebuilds on western ultramounts? I wouldnt even mind shipping it. PM me with names and numbers!

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i have had 75% of mine apart in a matter of 30 mins. its not that hard i dont think

4. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Questions is, is it really not holding pressure?

Moving really slow and pulling voltage after you checked the connections and servicing the pump leads me towards the motor. Might just need to pull the motor off and give it a good cleaning. Bet you find a bunch of stuff that needs to be blown out of the motor.

5. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

I agree with crash 935 if it is pulling to much voltage I would lean towards something in the motor. Hell for 1100 bucks you could print the mechanics guide from western and invest in any of the special tools for diagnosing and do it yourself.

6. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I to thought it was the motor so, I popped it off and pulled out my brand new oem spare and did the same thing.

I talked to angelos today and I had another PM from someone else so the pump will be going else where to get fixed.