1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ultramount problem

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Xinger, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Xinger

Xinger Junior Member

Hi I'm new to the site so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong section.
    Long story short I have a fairly old western ultramount pro
    With a ton of use. Last week I was out plowing and snapped the piece off that connects the plow to the T frame. Upon inspection there was broken pieces everywhere, both horns were broken off completely. Anyway after two days of welding I have everything back together but the plow will not lift or tilt left. I have a suspicion its due to the motor and pump being on its side for two days. I've had the s2 and s3 out, works fine no debri, air lock maybe... What should I try next?

2. loyjms

loyjms Member

it will move to the right? Does it make any noise or attempt to move?

3. Xinger

Xinger Junior Member

Yes it makes the sounds as if it is moving
    And the lines move but every function moves it to the right
    It will not lift or come back to the left.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Check fluid level. Which pump do you have? Flo stat or isarmatic? Did you get ground hooked back up for valves. Is motor hooked up backwards? Doubt it is air locked if fluid is at proper level.

5. Xinger

Xinger Junior Member

I think it it's the flow stat, nothing was unhooked,just the two hydraulic lines for left and right. I did fill back up with fluid

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

This would suggest S3 not shifting.

7. Xinger

Xinger Junior Member

Ok, just strange. It was all working fine just before the work
    was done... Hopefully it's something simple... Electrical wasn't touched but won't rule it out. What would be the best way to clean the valve

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  8. loyjms

loyjms Member

On my buddies the problem was a wire that fell off one of the relays. Drivers side of motor I think it was the green wire.