1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount...plow swap?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by bgivney, Sep 18, 2013.

1. bgivney

bgivney Junior Member
    from NJ

Truck info:
    04 Dodge Ram 5.7L
    Quadcab/Shortbed
    currently plowing residential neighborhood streets and large parking lots.

I am working with a Western Ultramount 7.5' Pro straight blade setup, and noticing it is just not wide enough, I end up running over the fresh plowed side-banks in small turns.

Wanting to upgrade to a larger 8' or even 8.5', but want to know if it slips right into my ULTRA MOUNT frame. (i.e. just need to get the sled and blade setup, frame and electronics can stay). Any advice from those already experienced this issue?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

you might just go the route of a used 8-9 ultramount buying the moldboard and putting it together might not be cost effective

is your tk a 1500, 2500, 3500???

3. bgivney

bgivney Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a 2500. Ultramount is a different mounting system. I was hoping just to swap out the plow section

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

That's what I was saying. Just get a new moldboard
    If its a current ultra they could be all the same

5. road2damascus

road2damascus PlowSite.com Addict

I believe all the same with the exception pro plus straight blade. I think a four spring unimount moldboard would work too. But i will look into that