1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

?Western Ultramount on 2000 F350?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Steve000, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Steve000

Steve000 Junior Member

I am in the process of putting a Western Ultramount straight blade plow on my 2000 Ford F350 and I have a few electrical questions.
    When I bought the ultramount truck mount bracket the guy threw the truck side Isolation Module in for free but its missing a harness. As you can see in the pics it's a 4 port module and It only came with the harnesses from ports 2,3,4 and nothing in port 1. He said it was on his 2004 F250. I checked on www.westernplows.com and the installation instructions show a 3 port harness for my truck. Will this work with my truck and if so what other wiring will I need to make an ultramount work with my truck? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PORT 2: 26357
    [​IMG]

PORT 3: 26349, PORT 4: 26354
    [​IMG]

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

The harness for port #1 (looking on western)
    Port 1- # 28587 Vehicle Control Harness" or # 26345 Vehicle Control Harness (relay) - cab control and snow plow control harness
    Port 2 -# 26357 Vehicle Lighting Harness, 11-Pin ( plug into the plow lights harness)
    Port 3 -# 26349 Short Plug-In Harness ( vehicle head lamps)
    Port 4 -# 26354 Long Plug-In Harness (vehicle head lamps)

This is what I found for the (4) port
    http://www.westernplows.com/pdfs/29013.02_021507.pdf

This sheet shows you the part numbers for the 4 port and were they go to.

I don't see why it won't work...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2009
  3. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

Hum, the headlamps on my 2003 went into 3 and 4. Just installed it today.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If your truck has the composite style headlamps you can use what you have. Just need the control harness for port #1 that you're missing. Western p/n: 26345.

And of course the battery cables and motor relay if you also don't have those.

5. Steve000

Steve000 Junior Member

Thanks! I'm starting to understand now. Yes I do have the composite headlights. Why is there two choices for harnesses : 4 Port 3 Plug and 4 Port 2 Plug? Also, I have a unimount battery cable and relay harness with handheld control, can I use this? I'm guessing not because there is no way to plug the unimount harness into the isolation module.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  6. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Port 3 -# 26349 Short Plug-In Harness ( vehicle head lamps) (this is for the driver side)
    Port 4 -# 26354 Long Plug-In Harness (vehicle head lamps) (this is for the passenger side)

If you click on the link in post #2, this will show you the different. Also at the bottom of the page there seem to be a "Relay-to-Isolation Module Conversion Kits ". To the right of the page is a part list.

# 63411 Vehicle Battery Cable (All other systems) is for the truck side
    # 21294 Snowplow Battery Cable (plow side).

The information I just gave you is from that link. Take a look and check it out.

Good luck

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

2 plug Iso systems are for the plows with multiplex wiring, such as the MVP+ and Wideout. The 3 plug is for everything else.

I wouldn't use the relay setup. They're obsolete and will limit your choices if you update the truck at a later time.

You can use the Uni battery cable but it won't be plug and play with the Iso systems control harness. You'll have to chop the weather sealed connector from your brand new $200 control harness and add a lead from it to the neg battery terminal as the Uni battery cable won't have the provision for the connector. But that's ultimately your choice.