1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ultramount no movement

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ssleeper94, Jan 8, 2016.

1. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I have a 8ft ultramount on my truck. The problem Im having is that I hit the controls and nothing happens. Don't hear any clicking, nothing. If I hold down long enough it'll show float, but nothing. I have the plow chained up and I can move it left and right with no resistance. I had this happen once before and it went away. I don't know if it is a wiring issue or w/ the hydraulics. I just changed fluid and filter at beginning of season.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

You have a test light? Are you getting power to the solenoid? Are the connections clean? And more info, what year? what wiring setup?

3. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I cleaned the plugs and put dielectric grease on them, solenoid is getting power, 05 ram with isolation module

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Wait, something ain't right.
    First you say nothing happens when you press U,L,R..... Then you say you can move it side to side?
    Then the solenoid is getting power?

Test light the output side of the solenoid, when pressed U,L,R, should get light.

5. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I can manually angle blade w no resistance.

6. dieselss

Ok. Well let's start with the no movement.
    Test light the solenoid and see what you have.
    One small pin should be power from the controller, then one big terminal is power out to the plow when controller is pressed

7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Randall... what is with the new change of avatar? I first looked at it and said who is the new guy answering western problems...

Blade movement without any resistance is typically a crossover relief that is bad, but sounds like you have a different problem that stems from that long before the hydro system.

You are in good hands with these guys, they will get you on track. I am out for the weekend and will be back to check in on Monday.

8. Randall Ave

Dogplow told me to act my age.

9. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

love it!!!!!!

10. Randall Ave

No thread hijacking here. Did ya do the test Dieselss said? Do you hear the solenoid click? If yes, is there power to motor?

11. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

I'm working now, i have to wait till morning to look

12. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

Power into solenoid nothing out. The controller feed has power when controls are pressed

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  13. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

Its clicking at the pump. I hit the soloenoid w hammer and it worked

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  14. dieselss

Then start with a new solenoid.
    I would jump the solenoid just to be sure. Big lug to big lug

15. ssleeper94

ssleeper94 Junior Member

Replaced solenoid, it works. Thanks for the help