1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount dead in the water

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by jlouki01, Dec 8, 2009.

1. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Have a friend of mine who has a Western Ultramount straight blade on an F250. It's a newer blade, took it off late spring when he bought the truck plow looks well taken care of. Install is clean.. hooks it up yesterday and it's dead. No juice to the controller.

Check pin 1 in the controller harness. Dead.

Wire feeding the harness under the hood... 12v. They ran it to constant hot instead of ignition hot.

Dropped it off to the dealer they couldn't find anything so they jumped the wire in the harness right behind the controller to a ignition hot. Plow came up works perfectly.

Now the lights won't flip in between truck and plow..?

Are we missing something obvious here? Dealer couldn't figure the light deal out recommended buying a whole new harness. Harness looks fine.. not rubbed anywhere, neatly tied etc..
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

relay or iso?
  3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Here is a pdf Ultra mount "Mechanic's Guide"

look on pg 59-63....(just in case) this is for a 9pin.. pg 61-63 is for 9 and 12 pin.
    Pg 64-68 is for 12 pin only.

Here are the wiring diagram for 9pin and 12 pin

start at pg 31 ends on pg 36

If I knew how to do a snapshot from adobe, I would of just show them on here..

On the other hand, it is good to download this PDF file and keep it..pages 61-68 are diagnostic to trouble shoot the problem..
  4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

check the wire going to the driver side marker light. you must have this connection.
  5. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

I have that document and have poured over it. Just wanted to see if anyone knew of something quick and simple like check the driver's side marker light. Will do that and keep you posted.
  6. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Got to looking at the marker wiring and it turns out someone needed the headlight harness from the lights to the iso module more than my buddy did. GONE.

No wonder the lights don't work. Local plow place was clueless as to what the problem was. Called 6 western dealers and not one could find a part number for just the two harnesses.

Got western's number from a dealer the guy rung off the part numbers in less than 30 seconds.

Interesting discovery process though about how Western's number is hidden and the phone tree pretty much tells you gfy if you aren't a distributor.
  7. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

someone took the harness.......