1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount 94-97 F350 Lifted

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bigfootindiana, Feb 3, 2009.

1. bigfootindiana

bigfootindiana Junior Member

New here, but I think I'm posting this in the right area. I searched the forums hard before posting, but cant find any specifics to my scenario. Truck is a 96 f350 stock suspension currently, plow is 7'6 western pro. I am interested in lifting the front end to level out the truck and increase the spring rate to compensate for the plow weight. Total lift will be 2", but I'm on the bottom hole of my ultra mount with my worn out factory springs and I still feel like the plow is raked to far forward. Anyone else have a similar setup and notice this? I've seen superdutys with lift and a stock mount, but there mount must be a different height to start out. I guess what I want to know is how to modify the mount to lower it if I go with the lift. Any pics would be great.

Sorry for the novel,
    Jason

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

3. bigfootindiana

Thanks Crash for the link to the owners manual, I misplaced mine a while back. Looks like its not at the lowest setting yet. I'm currently in position 2. I will need to go to position 4 if I level the front end of the truck and the manual shows the use of a "stopping stack" with that position. Does anyone have a part number for that?

Thanks,
    Jason

4. bigfootindiana

I found the part number, western stacking stop 67676.