1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultramount 2 plug NEED to make it a 3 plug

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by cj7plowing, Jan 24, 2010.

1. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

I had a friend that owed me money and as the story goes he gave me his 2002 8ft ultramount plow before he left for florida.

the problem is its a 2 plug model and I need to make it a 3 plug .

what harness on the plowside do I need? also is it plug and play and do I have to splice?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming it's a straight blade you just need a 26377 light harness and a 26359 control harness. Have to disassemble the plow lamps to change the light harness and do some re-crimping on those wires but it's generally self explanatory.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  3. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

B&B you are the man. thanks I am gonna order them tomorrow.

is there any way to use the 12 pin that is there if I pull the pins out that I dont want for one of the plugs? and just order the other one?

just trying to be a cheap as possible:D

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Can't be cheap on these, need to change the harness's whether you want to or not. :D The old one does have some value though if its in nice shape. So you could recoup some of the cash outlay from it.

5. cj7plowing

cj7plowing Senior Member

B&B thanks