1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western ultramounr drl light issue 02 gmc

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by bwbigred, Nov 25, 2010.

1. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

i got a 02 gmc wired it all up got a new isolation module and new light harness, i did not hook up my pink wire for drl cause i did not know where to hook it to but as of right now my regular lights dont work when i turn them on but my high beams work? do i need a special drl module under the hood?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

make sure the low beam commons are plugged in correct. its easy to plug it in wrong. the pink wire should go to the dark blue wire on the drl. no drl module should be needed.

3. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

what do u mean by making sure the commons are connected correctly where at??

4. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

has anyone else has this issue it is still happening

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's a 3 port Iso the headlamp adapter plugs can be connected one of two ways (flipped 180*) but only one way is correct. And I'd say yours isn't.

If it's a 4 port system you have the wrong head lamp harness's.

6. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

mine is a 4 port isolation mod.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What's the numbers on the light harness's? Port 3 and 4?

8. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

ya the last two ports and the blinkers are correct sides

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What are the part numbers on the light harness's in port 3 and 4 was what I was asking. Need to see if you have the correct ones before progressing.

10. avc8130

avc8130 Member

Mine did the same thing. I swapped the pins in the low beam harness and it worked perfectly. I had the proper part number harness, but it didn't match the schematic.
    ac

11. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

can u explain which pins you switched what colors i do not want to mess anything up

12. avc8130

avc8130 Member

I switched the pins in the connector that went from the stock headlight harness to the plow harness. For whatever reason they were backwards and that was causing the exact same problem you are experiencing.

Look at your wiring. I believe the positive for both the truck and plow harness is Yellow. They should be connected when the plugs are connected.
    ac

13. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

ok so i finally got some time hooked up the drl pink wire and now the lights on plow come on they seem dim, but still no low beams i tried switching those wires on one side so yellow and yellow would go together the lights came on but were super dim then they blew my fuse on the truck so even with the plow off i had no headlights and for some reason my highbeam light was on and would not go off can anyone confirm what part number iso mod i am supposed to have it is a 4 port system thanks im going crazy ......... 2002 gmc sierra 2500hd is the model.

14. bwbigred

bwbigred Member
    from nj

got the drl lights workin but low beams still no good? any more ideas