1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

western ultra pump problems

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike9497, Dec 7, 2002.

1. mike9497

mike9497 Senior Member

well i just got a new western 7.5 ultra a week ago.i used it for about 15 hours non stop and worked great.went out early the next morning to do some clean ups and the pump sounds funny.it use to be loud and quick up down right left.now its making a mowning sound and moving a little bit slower not much.i tried angling the blade while pushing some snow past a driveway opening and it wouldn`t move.had to raise it all the way up to angle it.my fisher did this once also.ended up that the pump motor burned out,but my fisher was 10 years old when that happened.what do you guys think.

2. dodge rammin

dodge rammin Member

What kind of fluid do you have in it? In super cold temperatures the Dexton tranny fluid gets thick, which sounds like it could be the problem. Try the western blue colored fluid for very cold weather and see if it works, make sure it has enough in it too. Just a thought, may not be the problem at all.

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Check the fluid level first. If thats not it then I would take it back to the dealer, seeing how its just a week old.