1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount Wont Come Loose From Truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Midatlanticpowe, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Midatlanticpowe

Midatlanticpowe Junior Member

My 5 year old Western Ultra Mount wont come loose from my truck without putting something heavy behind it to stop the plow from moving.. I have tightened the trip springs and that didnt help. I dont know what else to check. Its been doing this all season.. Hooking and Unhooking. Any help.Thanks
  2. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

Why would the trip springs have anything to do with it coming out of the truck??????

You know the two "male" ends that slide into the receiver ? take a wire wheel grinder and polish them up real nice and then take a wire brush and clean inside the receiver real good. Then lube it up with some light oil like engine oil of fluid film or anything other then wd-40 or tube grease.

Then make sure your foot pads are set to the right height.

Or just man up and un-hook the latches and give it a good tug and it will come out. Should make you stronger.
  3. Midatlanticpowe

Midatlanticpowe Junior Member

That is what I read on one of the forums about tightening the trip springs. Not sure what it helps but I was doing what I could.
    Dont really feel like yanking the thing by hand everytime. Its a 8.5 Ft plow. Not the lightest thing around.
    Anyways I got fed up and took it to local shop and they told me the pivot point on the a frame was rusted and wasnt pivoting. Getting ready to go pick it up now.
    We will see if it works $300 later.
  4. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Chain needs to be loose and make sure the feet jack are on the ground

Thats what sounds like to me
  5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

When you drop it put the control in float position and push down on the chain arm and it will be loose.