1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Western Ultra Mount Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Fatality, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Background: Originally had 8' ultra mount straight blade. 3 plug system with 4 port iso module. Upgraded to MVP Plus 2 plug. Updated wiring and installed new battery wire and vehicle control harness.

The problem: My drivers side low beam light doesn't turn on but passenger side does.

Troubleshooting: I switched port 3 and 4 headlight harnesses on the iso module and my drivers side low beam worked but the passenger side didn't.

Any ideas on the problem? All wiring is only a couple years old and it doesn't look like any pins are corroded or broken.

2. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

Are we talking about the plow headlight or the truck headlight?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

did you check to see if your light connector has power coming out. seen a couple headlight adaptors corrode just after a few years and the pins break.

4. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

both. low beam is out but high beam will work.

5. dieselss

Just ck to see if you have pwr from the factory light socket. That might narrow it down a little.

6. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

yes i do. If i unplug the western wiring and plug in the factory socket everything works as normal.

7. dieselss

Ok. Then its not switching over. Just trying to narrow it down. Did you ck at the #4 port connector to see if you have signal going to the ISO?

8. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

how would I check that?

9. dieselss

Unplug the #4 plug at iso. Check all pins for power.. then turn on your lights and recheck for power to the connector. If nothing changes then you have a bad wire going up to the iso. If you do have pwr going in, need to plug back in and back probe the connector to see if you have pwr coming out.

10. Philbilly2

looks like you got this one DieselSS Thumbs Up

11. dieselss

thanks phil,,,but i never mind back-up, I dont know the pin numbers, was hoping you or michnick would chime in for the help too.

12. Philbilly2

13. Philbilly2

there you go bud

Fataily: Check the 12v+ and the gounds. Grounds are just as important as the 12v+.

14. Philbilly2

Sorry I posted the wrong end, missed what you said here.

Ok:

on a 4 port the #3 port is suppose to be "from drivers side vehicle headlamps. So I would start there.

As DieselSS said, pull that plug out and check the yellow wire or the blue wire for 12v+ depending on what truck you have with what headlight positive or negitive common you have. It either way, it will be in the top corner position on the the end of the 10 plug connector that you unplug from the iso box.